Mother, daughter, sister, neice, cousin, and friend

Mother, daughter, sister, neice, cousin, and friend

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pineapple Upside Down Cake Cocktail

We are not quite finished with the Valentine Mailbox.  So, to tide you over...

I've been experimenting with flavored vodkas with the goal of turning food into drinks.  The S'mores Martini still needs tweaking, but this one does not.  It's gooooooood.   It's not too sweet and it would be great by the beach or pool in the summertime or right now when it's 39 degrees outside.  Mostly, it's like a taste of my grandma's cake baking.  Ah, heaven.  Also, I opted not to make this one a martini.   So, without further ado...


Gather your ingredients:

Cake flavored vodka
ice cold pineapple juice
crushed pineapple
brown sugar
white sugar
maraschino cherries





Use equal parts of brown sugar and granulated sugar.  Dip the rim of your glass into water (or pineapple juice) and then into your sugar mix.  











Add enough crushed pineapple
 to the bottom of your glass.  This is going to act like pulp in OJ and give the drink some texture.












Add 1.5 oz cake flavored vodka 
(or to taste--tonight's a school night for me)

(yes, I forgot to rim my glass with the sugars because I was so excited to make this)









Fill your glass with ice cold pineapple juice.












Stir.
Garnish with maraschino cherries!

(yes, I poured the mixed drink into the second glass so I'd have all my flavors together)


WA-LA!  Enjoy my friends!






If I'm going to start doing this, posting recipes with pictures,  I know I need to find a way to take better photos, aside from just taking them on my kitchen table and messy counters.  I'm open to suggestions.  I am not, however, going to go buy fancy smanchy dishes to use.  The Corningware and Anchor will have to suffice.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Wa-la from the grammar girl? Seriously? I think your drink is great (even though I HATE pineapple) so Voila!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always use wa-la...so everyone can pronounce it...lol

      Delete