Mother, daughter, sister, neice, cousin, and friend

Mother, daughter, sister, neice, cousin, and friend

Monday, February 13, 2012

What To Do With Leftover Christmas Wrapping Paper

I bought some very pretty red sparkly wrapping paper this past Christmas season.  But, when I went to wrap my first gift with it, the scotch tape would  not stick to it, so it was pretty useless. You know I didn't toss it, but rather, I saved it and put it up in attic with the rest of my wrapping paper and decorations after the holidays.


THEN...(and this is why I save things--but am not a hoarder)


Christian had to make a valentine mailbox for his school Valentine's Day Party...well, I had to make it.  I guess he could have helped but that didn't occur to me until now.  Anyway, as soon as I read the note,  I knew exactly what I was going to do:




Since I was using a shoe box, I didn't need tape, I needed glue.  It was SUPER EASY!  


First things First!!!  Gather your supplies:


A box, scissors, glue, paper and the obligatory glass of wine--wrapper's choice. 






To start, cut your paper as you would any box you were gift wrapping, except you don't have to go all the way around the width of the box twice, but just enough to wrap around the edges of the box.  


Note how I snipped the paper so it would fold over without it tearing.




Then just start wrapping:  



Next: the box.  Really, wrap it just like a present.
Use paperclips where needed to help the glue to set around the box lip.




Then, it's back to the lid.  Cut out the slot--make it big enough for small Valentine gift bags to fit through.




Now for the best part.  DECORATE!  We used foam stickers and 3-D metallic glue to write his name on the box.  The stickers stuck fairly well, but I needed to use this for longer than a day, I'd would glue them onto the box.




 And voila!  There you have it.  The coolest Valentine Mail Box on the planet!




I hope you get a chance to try this soon!  And, I hope it comes home tomorrow filled all sorts of great goodies for Christian!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment