Mother, daughter, sister, neice, cousin, and friend

Mother, daughter, sister, neice, cousin, and friend

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bleu Monkey

I was on the fence about Bleu Monkey, a newer restaurant in Hot Springs on Central Avenue down past the mall.  I'd heard and read both good and bad things, but decided this would be my next dining adventure in the Spa City.  It did not fail.

The staff was friendly but not overbearing.  There were two tables, each with over ten people, patronizing while I was there and they were all in good moods, so I'm guessing they were enjoying their service.  Our water was brought promptly and was kept refilled without asking, and without asking too much--that's key for me. With the water, out came a small loaf of bread and pesto-olive oil dip.  It was yummy!

I love the Cuban at EJ's in Little Rock so I wanted to see if Bleu Monkey's could hold up.  It did.  The ham wasn't fatty, you could taste the milder pork, and there were plenty, though not too many, pickles.  The bread could have been a but more hearty because the edges were soggy when it reached my table.  ($7.95 with fries or onion rings.)


My companion ordered the lunch portion of Fish and Chips. ($5.50) It had three good size fish fillets so I wonder how many must come with the dinner portion.  The fish was tender and flaky--not at all 'fishy.'



The fries, while probably of the frozen variety, were crisp on the outside and tender on the inside--a feat many restaurants can't seem to achieve.  As you can see, each meal came with a side of not-in-house-made coleslaw.

All-in-all it was great lunch experience.  From start to finish took about 45 minutes.  We arrived about 11:30  and we're paying the tab at 12:12. I particularly enjoy a lunch that doesn't feel rushed, yet isn't to 'leisurely.'  The next visit will be for dinner.  I saw a burger that looked fantastic but I want to try the pasta as well.  They also had "Salmon Ties" on the app list.  Salmon and spinach rolled up and fried.  That's can't be anything BUT good.

I'm gonna give Bleu Monkey 4 out of 5 forks.

No comments:

Post a Comment