Mother, daughter, sister, neice, cousin, and friend

Mother, daughter, sister, neice, cousin, and friend

Friday, November 19, 2010

Let's start the weekend off right!

IT'S FRIDAY!  And do you know what's good what about today?  I'll tell you--I'm gonna show you how to do something that is gonna make you feel so good, you won't be able to help but to have a good weekend!  How's that sound ?

Here's the deal, as you may have seen on my FB page, Nick Moody was on his way home from Afghanistan and was arrested. He did nothing wrong.  Who is Nick Moody and why do we care?  Nick Moody is a mortar-man who served beside my brother.  What that means is that while my brother was running out to save someone, Nick was 'covering' him.  So, while my brother saved people, Nick saved my brother many times over.  Read about it here:  http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Help-Bring-Nick-Moody-Back-Home/111819705551575?v=info


So, I'm asking you to take 5 minutes and send a letter.  Use mine--it's right here below--I copied it and edited it from Nick's FB Info page. All you need to edit is the first and last sentence!  How easy is that?  Let's make some noise and get as many letters sent to the same inbox today that we can.

I sent my letter to the president this morning...

Dear Mr. President,


Nicholas Moody is a mortar-man who saved my brother's life many times in Afghanistan and now needs our immediate assistance. I need you to please look into this matter and ask questions.

On September 29th 2010, Nicholas Moody was returning from Iraq to the United States where he was working as a security guard with a private security company. Nicholas was arrested at the Abu Dhabi airport on charges of possession of accessories related to firearms. The items in his possession were pertinent to his job and not dangerous. This event occurred due to the layover time between flights. Mr. Moody had to stay overnight in Abu Dhabi in order to catch the connecting flight to the United States the following morning. When he went to catch his flight the next day he was arrested.

My concern is that this young man did nothing wrong. He is a veteran who is a corporal in the Nevada Army National Guard. Nicholas has served tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He has sacrificed for us and now desperately needs our support to get him out of this unfortunate situation.

It has come to my attention that the family has been informed that our government offers no assistance in regard to this situation. This is deplorable! Not just someone, but everyone involved in our global security should be concerned and asking questions about how this could have happened and how can we help resolve this situation and how we can keep this from happening again.

Our soldiers with our all-volunteer military deserve our support, whether they are on active duty or not. Nicholas Moody is an American citizen being detained in a foreign country due to a set of unfortunate events that he could not have foreseen or controlled. We need to get him home.

Nicholas has been sitting in Al Wathba Prison in Abu Dhabi for more than six weeks awaiting process of his case.

I am asking you as a taxpayer, as a voter and most importantly as a patriot of this great country, to involve yourself immediately. To ask questions and get answers about this case.

Nicholas Moody has an Abu Dhabi court date of November 29th. We have heard that his case will be greatly impacted by United States interest.

PLEASE Help the man who helped me and my family by making sure my brother could do his job and come home alive.

Thank you,
Kathy Louise Hall

Honor a hero and then enjoy your weekend!
Until next time--take care of yourself and take care of each other...

IN HONOR OF NICK MOODY.  THANKS NICK FOR YOUR SERVICE!

 

1 comment:

  1. I sent mine this afternoon! Please send yours ASAP!

    ReplyDelete